What's a Salad Swap?

Salad Swap? What's that? 
I like salad and friends that could be fun.

I send a few texts out to some neighbors 
to ask if they want to start a salad swap. 
They all ask how it works, and I muttered 
through trying to explain it.

A few days later six girls got together and 
we figured it out. It seemed too simple.

We decided we would do salads Mon, Wed, Fri
in a 2 week rotation. I picked the first Monday
to get it started.

I made sure I had 10 wide mouth mason jars with lids.

Then planned out what salad I would make.

Sunday night I chopped and prepped.
Monday morning, I filled 6 jars and put the dressing 
in the 2oz dressing cups from Costco.

Then my baby and I delivered the salads to 
everyone else in the Swap.

I sent a group message out ... 
"Salads have been delivered, Enjoy." 

And as everyone opened their door and then 
sat among their normal day, they experienced 
the magic of a wonderful, healthy, delicious salad 
delivered to their doorstep.

It was a life changing moment. The texts started buzzing in. 
"This is wonderful"
"Great salad"
"How did you make this wonderful dressing?"
"I just ran out of milk...does anyone have some I could borrow?"
"We are taking our salad to the park, anyone want to join?"

And just like that...the Salad Swap became 
so much more than a salad.

It had been a very long winter, 
we hadn't seen much of anyone for months.
Suddenly, 6 of us were connected.

Then it was Tuesday!  NO SALAD! 
Everyone was sad, and knew we would need 
to add more people to the swap.

By the end of 2 weeks, we had 10 people and 
now we get a salad delivered EVERY WEEKDAY!

It's better than I can describe.
You just have to try it.

Comments